Caltech parking permits are available to Institute personnel, students, affiliates, gym members, and JPL personnel. To register for a parking permit, please complete a permit application and bring the completed form to the Parking Office at 515 S. Wilson Avenue.
The following rates will be effective beginning January 1st, 2020
Commuter (General Parking) Permits $60 per month
- Commuter permits are valid only in commuter parking stalls. Commuter stalls are defined as any space that is not otherwise marked as carpool, reserved, handicapped, or visitor.
- Caltech staff, Post Docs, and faculty have the option of payroll deduction or payment by check on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Caltech students have the option of an automatic deduction from their student account or payment by check on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Campus affiliates that do not receive a paycheck from the Institute must pay by cash or check on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Caltech ID cards are not accepted as forms of payment.
- To apply for a Commuter permit, please submit the Parking Registration Form.
Reserved Permit $120 per month
- Reserved permits are available to Caltech faculty, emeritus, staff, and students.
- Each Reserved Permit will be accompanied by a named parking space that is reserved for the exclusive use of the permit holder.
- Persons who qualify and opt for a reserved space have the option of payroll deduction or payment by check on a quarterly or annual basis.
- To apply for a Reserved permit, please submit the Parking Registration Form
Carpool Permits (Orange) $30 per month
- Carpool permits are available according to the following guidelines:
- Vehicles displaying a carpool permit must park in a designated carpool space.
- The cost is divided between the members of the carpool.
- To apply for a Carpool permit, please submit the Carpool Registration Form
- Motorcycles with an engine size of 150 CCs or greater must be registered with the Parking Office and display a valid Caltech motorcycle permit.
- Motorcycle permits are provided upon request with the purchase of a regular Caltech parking permit.
- Members of the Caltech community that use a motorcycle as their primary means of commuting to campus may qualify for the Low-Emitting vehicle discount
- Visitors are required to display a permit if their vehicle is parked on campus between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Visitor permits are available at automated pay stations at the following locations:
ο Structure #1 (North Wilson Structure)
ο Parking Lot #6 (Tournament Lot )
ο Structure #3 (California Structure)
ο Structure #4 (Holliston Structure)
- Visitor permits may be purchased at the following rates:
ο 1 hour permit: $3
ο 2 hour permit: $4
ο 3 hour permit: $6
ο 4 hour permit: $8
ο All day permit: $9
ο Weekly permit: $27
A $9 daily permit is valid through the end of the business day (5:00 p.m.) in which the permit is purchased.
Susan arrives on Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. and purchases a $9 daily permit. This permit is valid until 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
David arrives on Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. and purchases a two-hour permit. This permit is valid through the remainder of the business day on Tuesday.
William arrives on Tuesday at 3:00 p.m.. William is not familiar with the parking regulations and purchases a $9 daily permit. This permit is valid only until 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, and is not valid at any time on Wednesday.
- Visitor permits may also be pre-purchased in bulk through the Parking Office. Contact the Parking Office at (626) 395-8877 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Visitor permits are valid in the Commuter (General) parking stalls.
- Emeritus may purchase a Reserved Space Permit, a Commuter Permit, or a Carpool permit with a qualifying carpool partner.
- Emeritus may purchase Reserved or Commuter Permits at the following rates:
- Commuter Permits - $540 per year
- Reserved Permits - $900 per year
- Emeritus must pay by check on a quarterly or annual basis.
[Back to Top]
- Faculty or staff who are scheduled to work 20 hours per week or less are qualified to purchase a commuter permit at the reduced rate of $27 per month.
- Part-time rates do not apply to Carpool or Reserved permits.
Low-Emitting and Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- Members of the Caltech community may qualify to receive a 20% discount on their quarterly or annual parking permit if their primary vehicle is on the Qualified Vehicle List from the ACEEE.
- Caltech Community members that use a motorcycle as their primary means of commuting to campus also qualify for the discounted rate.
- Qualification for the discounted rate is determined by the Parking Office upon submission of the Low Emission Vehicle Form.